Role Of Seo In Your Ecommerce Website
One of the best ways to get in front of new customers is to get more traffic to your eCommerce store. The process of generating traffic is where the role of SEO comes into action. Search engine optimization is one of the best ways to become less dependent on paid channels, rank higher in SERPs, and get more organic traffic to your site.
When selling products on an online platform, you need to make sure that your website is visible to a large group audience. You need to follow various Seo Services in surat to get more traffic and thus make more conversions.
Let us tell you some of the most popular eCommerce SEO tips to grow your website.
Take Buyer Intent Into Account When Performing Keyword Research
It would be best if you did not focus exclusively on the most popular keyword in your industry. Instead, it would help to consider the buyer’s intention while searching for a specific keyword or phrase.
Buyer’s intention involves finding out the intention of the buyer when they are looking for something online.
Keyword intent can be divided into two types:
Informational – These searches are made of questions like “how to do I” or some factual queries. In informational keyword intent, a searcher looks for more details regarding a subject.
Commercial – In these searches, a user exactly knows what they want but does not know where to find it. They may type in phrases such as “find hotel deals” or “buy Redmi smartphone.” A consumer usually has more intent to purchase in a commercial keyword intent.
The eCommerce SEO process includes determining the perfect keyword intent to bring more traffic to your website. You could use a keyword tool like Google Keyword Planner to determine the keyword intent. You can also use a tool known as Ubersuggest, which is quite beneficial for generating new content ideas for content writers, bloggers, or copywriters. You can also consider using Answer the Public, where you can enter a keyword on the homepage to discover what exactly people are asking about.
Do Not Forget To Add Long-Tail Keywords In Your Seo Strategy
A long-tail keyword is visible on the right side of the page on SERPs. They usually do not have a high search volume but still apply to your business. Such an SEO strategy for eCommerce websites will lead to greater conversions and higher traffic volumes.
Long-tail keywords in your SEO strategy usually reveal what your customer is searching for and their intentions. For instance, “shoes” is a short keyword, but “best walking shoes for winter” accurately reveals customers’ intention and their next steps.
Long-tail keywords are a great source of traffic in your SEO practices and are particularly useful for:
- Increasing the rate of conversion
- Easily ranking new sites
- Easy win on an affordable budget.
You can use tools such as People also ask, Ubersuggest, or Wordtracker to find long-tail keywords for your eCommerce business.
Best eCommerce SEO practices include improving ranking through optimizing product pages
You can acquire and attract new customers and gain more conversions through on-page optimization techniques. It is always a good idea to focus on areas such as:
- Product Description
Optimizing images for SEO will get more traffic from potential customers and higher rankings in your search engine. It is also possible to get more traffic from Best Social Media Marketing Agency In Surat.
Optimizing images for SEO includes:
- Adding ALT tags with captions.
- Choosing an appropriate size for suitable images.
- Use appropriate keywords in file names.
You can consider the following points while optimizing product descriptions for SEO:
- Adding unique and high-quality images.
- Adding keywords.
- Adding descriptions rich in the keyword.
- Adding call-to-action
- Adding testimonials
Reviews are vital for the success of any eCommerce service. It helps consumers decide whether to do business with an online store or buy a particular product. Reviews also help improve conversion rates and build trust with your potential and current customers.
You should encourage your customers to leave reviews whenever they purchase a product from your website.
Building a user-friendly website
Making a user-friendly website comes under eCommerce SEO best practices. Paying attention to UX or the user experience of your website is vital for your business.
Apart from looking good, it is vital to consider that your website works well. Ensure that advertisements do not interfere with the user’s view of the content. You should see that your website is easy to navigate and intuitive.
Your website should be such that a consumer remains engaged with your website and have a wonderful shopping experience. If visitors have a poor experience, your website will rank lower in SERPs; thus, your SEO strategy will fail to work. You can check our blog Best SEO tips for more traffic in 2022 for more information in this area.
To enhance the UX of your website, keep in mind the following points:
- The website loads quickly.
- It is easily accessible on smartphones.
- The website is free from clutter.
- Navigation is easy on your website.
- Do not forget to add CTAs.
- There is consistency in styling.
You Should Avoid Duplicate Pages And Content
Your SEO strategy will fail to work if you fall into the trap of adding duplicate images and product descriptions to your website.
You can keep the following points in mind to lessen the amount of duplicate content on your website:
- Using a Content management system (CMS) or including canonical tags on pages that might have duplicates.
- Including a suffix to the URL of your website.
- Using different images for products.
- Including unique keywords on the pages of your website.
Create Better Content For Your Ecommerce Site
Written content plays an important part in your SEO for an eCommerce business. When you regularly update high-quality content, you can:
- Attract organic traffic to your website.
- Helps in building trust with your potential and current customers.
- Helps in increasing the rankings of your eCommerce research your website.
- Makes you stand as an expert in your niche.
You can improve your content for SEO by using the following tips:
- Do research on your target customer to get to know a basic understanding of them. When you know your consumers, you create content that solves their problems and everyday concerns. You can make use of buyer personas to help you with this.
- Research the kind of content your target audience prefers. You can survey to determine this knowledge. Your content data should identify which content is getting the most views.
- Maintain a content calendar, so your content creation efforts are on schedule and streamline your content production.
- Your content should attack every stage of your customer journey.
Creating Links For E-Commerce
Building links is a vital ranking factor for SEO. A high-quality link signals to Google that your website has reliability and dependability. Backlinks also help in ranking keywords of your website.
Tips for creating effective backlinks for your eCommerce website:
- Write and publish guest posts.
- Make use of social media ads.
- Generate and share content on various social media platforms.
- Send out press releases.
- Generate infographics and share them on online platforms.
- Publish case studies and whitepapers.
You should avoid buying links. Some paid links violate the guidelines issued by Google. Also, some links are low in quality which can reduce traffic and lower ranking on Google. It may also create a negative impact on your website’s reputation. For more information about link building, you can check our blog Link building for SEO: The complete guide.
As per a recent study of eCommerce SEO statistics, 44% of people start their online shopping journey by using a search engine. You can know from these statistics that it is very important for you to improve search engine optimization for your eCommerce business.