Email Marketing: A Necessity In Business
Among various other digital marketing practices, email marketing still holds the upper hand when it comes to ensuring conversions and generating leads.
Email marketing campaigns play an essential part in enhancing the marketing of your business, whether big or small. As per a recent study, when a brand uses the right strategy, it can get six times more clicks than a Twitter campaign.
As a comparison, there are three times as many email accounts as Facebook and Twitter combined, indicating the efficiency of email marketing.
The 5 Steps to Making an Email Marketing Strategy
Let us go through five easy steps to organize your strategy easily.
1. Understand what exactly is this marketing method
Marketing can be done in various ways, and marketing through email has proved to be very effective for many businesses. When put, when an email is used to promote a brand’s services or products, it is known as marketing through email. It is one of the most effective ways to build a relationship between customers and business owners.
One of the oldest methods of digital marketing strategy for B2B business has proved to have given one of the highest conversion rates.
2. Types of email marketing components
Let us understand the various components of this marketing strategy.
A user’s “personal impression” of your brand is largely determined by what the subject line says. The line should be interesting, catchy, and follow the CURVE (Curiosity, Urgency, Relevancy, Value & Emotion).
Timing and frequency
Most people do not know this, but at what time you send your email is essential since your brand and target customer’s time zone may differ. To send emails in accordance with your recipients’ time zones, categorize your list of recipients to get the best returns.
The content of marketing through email should be simple and short. It should focus on the title and should not be distracting. Also, try to include images as they are more influential than words.
While reading content, reading the entire passage without understanding it can be one of the worst things that can happen. Your website or blog should have content that matches your users’ interests, and you will know their interests if they subscribe to your newsletter.
3. Building an Email list and marketing goal
Your goal and target should be clear regardless of the types of email marketing you are following. You will clearly know the following things:
- The plan of the roadmap and the type of campaign.
- Target audience.
- Type of content you need in the email.
- What results are you expecting, and how will you track them?
The main goal you need to achieve with your marketing through email is to generate leads, increase conversions, and so on.
4. Tips to include in your tactics and strategies
- The content should be short, crisp, and relevant to gain more conversions. No one likes to read long-form content; thus, it should be avoided completely.
- Your marketing campaign should be made so that it is relevant for every consumer. You can increase ROI up to seven times with exact information and segmented lists.
- It is important to frame your content so that in the beginning, you describe the entire content smartly in a few words. After this, you can add longer lines. This entire structure is also known as a pyramid model.
- You can include designs, colors, and fonts to make your content interesting, attractive, and eye-catching. You should not present your content as a “trick” and frame it so that the user can establish trust with you.
5. Know your email marketing metrics
You can use Google Analytics tools to track your progress once you have started your campaign. Listed below are some metrics that are important for successful email marketing.
- You need to track the number of subscribers who opened your mail.
- The number of bounces helps you determine which email addresses did not receive the email.
- You also get to know which subscribers should have paid more attention to by not opening your mail.
- Open rates help to determine the percentage of subscribers opening your mail.
- You can determine how many people opened an email and clicked a link by measuring click-through rates.
You can easily use these methods and tricks to boost your business and effectively market your business.